Steamed Egg 蒸水蛋
I made this nice, smooth and tasty steamed egg today. It has always been my favourite. But egg-dishes always look simple, but difficult to master. So here’s how to make really smooth steamed egg.
1. Using a standard rice bowl, beat one egg (small) and add water to 3/4 the height of the bowl. (If the egg is bigger, add a little more water.)
2. Repeat Step 1 for more eggs.
3. This photograph shows 5 eggs in a big soup bowl. Use a low, but wide soup bowl so that the egg will not be too “old”.
4. Add light soya sauce, pepper, salt and chicken powder into the egg mixture.
5. When the water is boiling, put into wok and steam for 20 minutes under very gentle fire. Harsh fire will make your egg grow “pimples”.
6. Use a metal skewer to check if the egg is thoroughly cooked before removing from heat.
7. Drizzle light soya sauce and pepper on top before serving.