Oyster Sauce Stir-fry Prawns
If I didn’t remember wrongly, this was the first meat dish that I cooked more than ten years ago. I have never learnt this formally from my mum, but I used to watch her cook. So I had a rough idea how this had to be done. When I cooked this for the first time, my Dad and my brother were asking for more!
1. Wash the clean the prawn intestines. Cut away the first part of the head to prevent cuts while eating. Do not de-shell the prawns.
2. Heat up a little bit of oil in wok and stir-fry diced garlic and ginger till fragrant.
3. Throw in the prawns and pan-fry them.
4. When they are 70% cooked, pour in Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce.
5. Stir-fry. Add a little sugar solution (sugar dissolved in water) into the sauce. Stir-fry. Add some chilli-padi and stir-fry.
6. Before whipping up the prawns, pour in an amount of Huadiao wine along the upper sides of the wok. This will make your prawns more fragrant as the Huadiao wine evaporates as they streamed down the wok.
7. Garnish and serve.