Ginger Sliced Fish
1. Slice fish (生鱼) into thin slices. Marinate with pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce and a little corn flour. Deep-fry (过油) the fish slices quickly (10% cooked). This is to prevent the fish from crumbling when stir-frying later.
2. Slice ginger into thin slices. Cut spring onion into short segments.
3. Heat up the wok with oil. Put in the ginger slices. Stir-fry till fragrant.
4. Add in the fish slices and stir-fry. Be careful not to smash up the fish.
5. Add in the spring onions and stir-fry. Add in salt or soy sauce to season. Your choice if you want to make a little sauce for your fish.
6. Before whipping up, pour in an amount of Huadiao wine along the upper sides of the wok. This will make your dish more fragrant as the Huadiao wine evaporates as they streamed down the wok.