Fermented Black Bean Paste Steamed Fish
1. Heat up oil in the wok.
2. Add diced garlic and ginger into the hot oil.
3. Add in the fermented black bean paste into the hot fragrant oil. Stir-fry till fragrant under gentle fire.
4. Scope up, together with the oil, and place them on top of the fish. If you’re using fish head, place some into the stomach area.
5. Steam the fish for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your fish size.
6. Garnish and serve. To add more fragrance, sprinkle fragrant oil on the fish after taking out from the steamer. Serve hot.
Method of fragrant oil:
1. Slice 3 pieces of ginger and one whole spring onion cut into 3 segments.
2. Heat up oil in the wok.
3. Throw in the ginger and spring onion. Switch off fire when the oil is fragrant.