Ever since the day I began to eat bittergourd, this has remained my favourite.
1. Slice up the bittergourd into thin slices.
2. Cut up one whole chicken breast into slices as well.
3. Heat up wok and add in one tablespoon of oil.
4. When oil is heated, add in diced garlic. Stir-fry till fragrant.
5. Add in the chicken slices and stir fry till 70% cooked.
6. Remove the chicken from wok. Throw in the bittergourd and stir-fry.
7. Mix some dark soya sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper and salt into water. (Mix more if you want more sauce.) Add into the bittergourd.
8. Cover the wok and let the bittergourd simmer. Don’t simmer for too long. Otherwise they will become too soggy and soft.
9. Remove the cover, and throw in the chicken and celery leaves. Stir-fry till cooked. Add in corn starch solution (corn starch dissolved in water) to thicken the sauce.
10. Before whipping up, pour in an amount of Huadiao wine along the upper sides of the wok. This will make your dish more fragrant as the Huadiao wine evaporates as they streamed down the wok.