It’s the time of the year again!!! My mum’s most popular cookies definitely can’t have this MISSING! YES, PINEAPPLE TARTS!! She used to make them for sale ten over years ago and the smell of butter would fill the whole corridor. So here I’m going to share the recipe with all of you!! SHOUT YEAH!
1. 250 g butter (my mum uses SCS butter)
2. 50 g icing sugar
3. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
4. 1 whole egg
5. 375 g plain flour
6. 25 g corn flour
You can buy ready-cooked pineapple jam, imported from Thailand, from Phoon Huat. 1 kg for $4.60.
Method of Pastry:
1. Beat sugar and butter until sugar dissolves and whole mixture becomes light.
2. Add in the egg and beat. (not too long)
3. Fold in sieved plain and corn flour and vanilla essence into the mixture.
4. Ready for use on any mould.
5. Roll in the pineapple jam.
6. Brush on egg yolk (additional. 1 egg yolk to 2 teaspoon of water) on the pastry’s surface before placing into the oven for “golden” appearance.
7. Preheat oven before-hand.
8. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
HAPPY PROSPEROUS CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!