Minced Pork Porridge
1. Raw peanuts (can be replaced with canned peanuts)
2. Minced pork
3. Dried scallops
4. (of course) Rice
1. Cook and boil the raw peanuts in the pot until soft. (ignore this step if you’re using canned peanuts)
2. Wash rice and cook in the pot over gentle fire. Add one tablespoon of cooking oil so that the porridge will be smooth.
3. Stir once in a while to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
4. Add in minced meat and dried scallops and cook with the rice.
5. Add more water if necessary. Add boiled water, not tap water.
6. Season with pepper, salt, soy sauce, chicken stock, mushroom powder……
Tip: If you want your rice to be broken up (not the teochew mui style), turn off the flame and cover up the pot. Leave it off for one hour. he heat will cause the rice grains to break up. Heat up the porridge before serving with garnish.