Home-cooked Stuffed Hairy Squash 酿毛瓜
My favourite deep-fried taupok! My mum is very good at making stuffed items or otherwise known as 酿豆腐， 酿辣椒，酿矮瓜，etc.
Method for the meat:
1. Pork and fish meat in the ratio 1:2. Minced them together.
2. Add seasonings. Add diced water chestnut and prawns if you like.
3. Leave it in the chiller for it to be marinated.
4. Stuff the meat into any item you wish!
5. Coat items with a little corn flour. Then pan-fry to prevent the meat from falling out while cooking later.
6. For this bittergourd, you can deep-fry them till cooked.
6. For this hairy squash (毛瓜), place them onto a big plate.
7. Add soy sauce, sugar (yes!) and oyster sauce.
8. Steam till cooked.
6. Ah! My favourite taupok! Flip over the taupok such that the insides are on the outside.
7. Stuff the meat inside, and deep-fry till golden brown!
8. Some other items to marinate will be chilli and brinjal.
9. Cook them in chicken broth and soya beans soup too!
I’m drooling already~